Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Casas Del Bosque Cabernet Sauvignon - 4/11/2023




        2. Casas Del Bosque, Varietal Cabernet Sauvignon (unable to find rest of the variety); year 2019; Price $9.99; Chile - "foothills of the Andes"

James Suckling

"Red and black currants, mulberries, bramble leaves, peppermint, spice box and peppercorns on the nose. Medium-bodied with firm, well-integrated tannins. Sleek and classically styled with excellent balance. Sustainable. Drink now or hold."

My personal take:

       I had the wine by itself with no food to accompany it. However, ten minutes prior I had eatedn Pesto pasta using 85% lean ground turkey. I will say, the pairing was not idealistic in terms of what is recommended, but the after taste of dinner and the wine actually paired pretty well. I did not get the ick however, I could tell the alcohol content was higher because the roof of my mouth was burning a bit. Overall this red had a lighter body than the others I have tried and was lighter in all regards in my opinion. I caught some flavors of birch, cinnomon, and spice, as well as a darker fruit, but I can't name one in specific. I don't know a whole bunch of dark fruits other than some kinds of grapes... I TASTED RED GRAPES! Yeah, no kidding. Anyhow, this sat a lot better in my mouth and nose without as much of the burning sensations and it sat in my tummy pretty well too. As someone who rarely every drinks a sip of alcohol this was fairly tolerable. I also can't smell my own breath which is something I can't really stand when it comes to drinking wine. All in all, it was quite pleasant and if I were to shop for wine I wouldn't mind trying this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winery Visitation Blog Report - New River Valley Winery

Winery Visit:  Another term I have learned this semester is "charis" used to describe old byzantine architecture and describes the...